Exciting opportunity to leverage your passion for delivering innovative new products and platforms – Mobile, Desktop, Voice, IoT, etc. Do you love solving complex problems? Keeping up on the latest tech trends and tools? Often sought out for technical guidance and ability to articulate the architecture for a business solution?
Join Digital Scientists to expand and apply your skills onsite with our team of Developers in either of our two offices in downtown Alpharetta OR midtown Atlanta.
To succeed in this position, you’ll need some special attributes. You should be able to speak eloquently with high profile clients and your colleagues about the latest software, and what will be the best solution under different scenarios. You are always curious, and eager to learn the right tools and technologies for solving business problems. You’ll also partner with our Design team and Product Management team to help drive the definition of new products and platforms for our clients.
* Responsible for defining how client business requirements can be technically implemented
* Function as a key contact point between business, design and technical teams
* Design complex solutions that require creative investigations and evaluations of alternative architectural solutions
* Apply industry best practices and design patterns to create scalable and secure solutions that have superior technical performance
* Develop system implementation plans/processes
* Architect well designed products that can be built rapidly using off the shelf server side components and custom user interfaces
* Assist Sales by providing technical insights to potential Clients on technologies and industry trends
* Coach and mentor six+ software developers
* Reports to VP of Engineering
* Bachelor’s or Advanced degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, or related area
* 3+ Years of experience building software products as an Architect
* 5+ Years of professional software engineering industry experience
* Experience writing user stories in BDD format and collecting estimates from the development team
* Strong knowledge of Cloud based solutions, particularly AWS or GCP and related tools
* Knowledge of the server side framework Ruby on Rails and NodeJS frameworks like Serverless, Sails and Meteor
* Full understanding of Android and iOS development platforms.
* Nice to have: experience with new voice platforms like Alexa and Google Voice.
* NoSQL and RDBMS experience with tools like PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch and MongoDB
* Virtualization, deployment, repository, and container tools like Git and Docker
* Experience with Scalable systems design
* Ability to communicate clearly and collaborate effectively with clients and executives
* Familiarity with Data Science projects like recommendation systems, personalization, collaborative filtering and content based filtering, NLP, Deep Learning, etc.
This position is available immediately, pays competitively and is full-time. You’ll be working in our open offices in downtown Alpharetta or midtown Atlanta.
100% Paid Health, Dental and Vision Insurance for Employee
100% Paid Long-term Disability and Life Insurance
401K with generous company match
15 Days Paid Time Off
Free Snacks and Drinks
Casual dress all-day, everyday
Flexible work hours
Regular team outings, parties, and surprises
We’re a creative, fun-loving, hard-working team. If you thrive on the energy of a startup environment, and also want to work with some of the biggest names, you’ll love Digital Scientists.
About Digital Scientists LLC
Atlanta based software innovation lab with an integrated team of innovative designers, developers and strategists who enjoy working together to create digital products that solve clients’ problems. Since 2007 we’ve partnered with forward thinking businesses to create mobile apps, sophisticated web platforms, eCommerce and “internet of things (IoT) applications – all using the latest technologies to deliver awesome software products to solve complex problems for users.
Site Search 360 Reports